If you are a web developer, you can’t afford to blow away your prior version of IE because you still need to test in that browser! Tredosoft to the rescue with their multiple ie installer. I have only done this myself on Windows XP, and it works well. There is one gotcha I encountered, which is fixable. You have to go into the registry, but it’s not too scary. Until I made the fix, my conditional IE comments were broken. I could test for IE, but I couldn’t test for a specific IE version. Not too cool, especially if you are trying to use Dean Edwards’ IE7 script, but here is the fix….http://www.positioniseverything.net/articles/multiIE.html, which just happens to be from one of my favorite sites (it’s included in my blogroll).
- CSS Selector behavior
- Display: inline-block in webkit
- greasemonkey userscript issue
- JQuery UI drifting position
- Fiddling with CSS3 box-shadow
- Who invented margin collapsing, anyway?
- Getting Started with HTML5
- Put advanced pseudo class style definitions on their own line
- More IE and inline-block
- IE6 Negative Margin Bug